7 Best Sewing Machine For Quilting Under $500
What should you look for while selecting the best sewing machine for quilting? What should be the type, price, accessories, and life of the sewing machine?
Sewing is an incredible and handy skill that lets everyone create beautiful and unique crafts. And the sewing machine is the tool that enables the users to create some masterpieces. The sewing machines can work like magic. Thus, you can create some fantastic and worth considering craft. The machines are straightforward to operate and are available at an affordable price.
Quilting gives you a great chance to showcase your creative side. The machines available in the market can provide you with plenty of options and are perfectly suitable for beginners and professionals. All of these modern sewing machines are not only the need of the day. But, these machines are pretty costly.
So, the search for the best machine at an affordable price could cause a headache. Therefore, to help you out from this situation, we have searched and reviewed the best sewing machine for quilting for under $500. So, you can have a look over them to find the best one for yourself!
Best Sewing Machine For Quilting Under $500
SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960
It is an automatic computerized sewing machine that offers you various automatic stitch settings. It also offers better control over the speed, and all the features are pretty easy to use. In addition, all the required accessories are also included with this machine. So, the SINGER Quantum becomes the best sewing machine for quilting for under $500.
The machine provides 600 built-in stitches and five different stunning fonts, thus giving you a personal touch. The users can select the required sewing speed of the device pretty quickly with the help of the Speed Control function.
Moreover, you can also use the Up or Down feature for easy pivoting, such as the sewing on the pocket, free-motion quilting or topstitching, etc. The machine has all the features which you may look for to create a masterpiece.
- 600 Stitch Applications: The sewing machine offers you 600 stitches to fulfill the customers’ creative needs. So, you can choose the simple, decorative, or stretch stitches just depending on your needs.
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame: The internal structure of this sewing machine is made from metal, which enables it for heavy-duty. The solid support holds all the mechanisms perfectly to make it a skip-free sewing machine.
- One-Touch Stitch Selection: You can get a preview of all the stitches on the machine’s front panel. You need to touch the button and then start stitching simply. Moreover, the eight most commonly used stitches are available at the front of the machine.
- Extension Table: The extension table offers you a large working area necessary for quilting or working on larger projects.
Brother Sewing and Embroidery Machine
The best thing that urges the users to buy this machine is the 10 Star Wars embroidery designs the device offers you. So, with the help of these designs, you can easily create embroidery on your t-shirts, bags, or different other items. Moreover, one can also make the Star Wars character but can also develop the franchise’s logo.
These are the large throat sewing machines for quilting which come with 80 different built-in designs and nine different fonts. You can create some stunning and unique designs. Moreover, you can also develop many other projects by using this sewing machine.
The machine also has a USB port, which lets you impart your very own designs and bring new heights of creativity to your creations. Moreover, there is an automatic feed thread cutting function which makes your job easier.
- Star Wars Classics Faceplates: The machine comes along with three interchangeable character faceplates. For instance, Darth Vader, R2-D2, and Princess Leia, along with the Star Wars logo faceplate.
- Large Color Touchscreen: The large colored touchscreen enables the users to preview all designs before stitching. The 3.2″ LCD screen always offers you a crystal clear display of the selected designs.
- View Step-by-Step Tutorials on LCD Display: The sewing machine also provides you various helpful tips and instructions. So, you very easily view them all with the help of an LCD touchscreen display.
- 80 Built-In Designs Plus 103 Sewing Stitches: The LB500S features 80 built-in embroidery designs. In addition, the machine also provides 103 sewing stitches and ten different styles of auto-sizeable buttonholes.
Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine
The best sewing machine for free-motion quilting offers you worth considering features. The machine is the best choice for all families with multiple people who use the sewing machine at different timings.
You would find it an excellent choice for beginners, and even the kids can use it pretty quickly. The machine can perfectly work on all types of fabrics. The machine is made from the best quality robust material. Thus it would last for a long time.
The machine is handy for intermediate and advanced home users. The machine always produces versatile, stable, and quality stitches. And these are the reasons which enable the users to showcase their creative side.
- Pressure on Presser Foot Adjustable: The users can control the pressure on the presser. They would have to turn the dial for this purpose. Well, this machine can be ideally used to stitch different types of fabrics.
- Express Yourself: Stitching is not only a valuable skill but a great way to show your creative side as well. You can get this fantastic sewing machine to showcase your stitching talent and to express yourself.
- Come With A Hard Cover: The machine comes along with a hard protective cover, making the machine more accessible to more around the house. Even with this protective covering, you can get access to the machine’s handle pretty quickly.
- Storage Compartment: The machine comes along with a built-in storage compartment near the bobbin holder. You can place all the accessories over there, and thus it will make the entire process easy for you.
Bernette B37 Sewing Machine
The machine gives you a chance to choose a stitch type from a variety of fifty different stitches. Therefore, you can use this sewing machine to accomplish multiple types of stitching projects. For instance, the users can select the basic, decorative, different types of buttonholes, and many other stitches.
The best sewing machines for quilters have two different height levels for the presser foot. So, you can stitch two different types of fabrics at the same time. Besides it, B37 offers you five different presser foot variations, making this machine more useful.
The machine is light in weight and comes with an LCD screen, thus making this machine pretty convenient to use. The automatic threader, start or stop buttons, and speed control makes this machine easy to operate.
- Start/Stop Control: To operate this machine, you do not need to use the foot pedal. B3 comes along with a start and stop button. So, you can use these buttons to run the machine just like the foot pedal does.
- Decorative Stitch Settings: The B37 offers you both quilting and decorative stitches. The machine has been programmed to use to complete your projects or create beautiful designs easily.
- Drop-In Bobbin: The drop-in bobbin is just beneath the needle plate and hidden from the primary view. So, one can easily use it to check for any problem like jamming.
- LCD Display: The computerized machine features an LCD screen. From this screen, you can easily choose the stitches and adjust the length or width of the stitches. From this display screen, you can get all the required information.
EverSewn Sparrow 30s Sewing Machine
It is one of the best computer-controlled sewing machines available in the market. Being the best sewing machine under 500, EverSewn Sparrow 30s gives you everything a creative sewer can look for.
The machine gives you 310 stitch patterns, including the 32 utility, 84 decoratives, and two complete alphabets. Thus, the users can create a variety of different types of projects. The machine is equally suitable for beginners and professionals. You can set the width of decorative stitches up to 7mm.
The machine also offers a memory function, which lets the users have beautiful combinations. By just pushing a single button, the machine would start threading automatically. The adjustable pressure on the presser and control over the speed adds more value to the machine.
- Automatic thread Cutter: With this sewing machine, you can get an utterly automatic thread cutter. The process of threading is pretty straightforward. So, you can thread the whole machine from the spool to the needle within seconds.
- Modern Design: The machine has a very different and unique design. The sewing machine comes along with a modern look. The gold and pink exterior add more beauty to this machine.
- Professional Level Sewing Machine: The machine offers you various incredible features, making it a professional-level sewing machine. But at the same time, the machine is equally suitable for all of your home sewing usage.
- Stitch Selection: The machine offers you more than 300 different types of stitch patterns. So, you can get an unlimited offer of unbelievably beautiful stitches. And with two font alphabets, you can personalize all of your projects.
Juki HZL-80HP Sewing Machine
The best sewing machine under 500 dollars is light in weight and has a very compact size. Thus, it becomes an ideal traveling companion for all of you. The machines come along with a hard shell carrying case, which keeps the sewing machine protected.
The free arm stitching is another excellent feature which the machine offers to you. The extra bed slides off for a free arm sewing of the collars and cuffs. Moreover, the machines can also perfectly perform the other awkward sewing jobs. The standard accessory part could be neatly stored in the auxiliary box.
The machine is pretty easy to operate, thus becomes the ideal choice for beginners. Moreover, the machine can meet the different needs of the users. The slip-free bottom makes it more secure to use.
- Automatic Needle Threader: The machine has an automatic needle threader that can ideally push the thread via needle. Moreover, the machine shows resistance against the jam, thus appearing as the best option for all the professionals.
- Easy To Use: A small machine is just a perfect option for beginners and all the sewing enthusiasts out there. The pads ensure that the machine would remain firm during the stitching. The small size and lightweight make this machine pretty easy to store.
- Automatic One Step Buttonholing: The users can place the button on the buttonhole foot so that the machine scan conveniently sews the buttonholes. The machine can do this job automatically according to the size of the machine.
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure: The users can adjust the foot pressure to get better sewing results. Moreover, you can make the changes according to the material you are going to stitch.
Janome Sewist 725s Sewing Machine
The best Janome sewing machine under $500 provides you a foot pressure dial, extra high foot lift, and drop feed. The built-in threader, auto de-clutch bobbin, and LED lighting to add significant value to this sewing machine.
The four-piece feed dog and patented needle plate markings are present for a précised and accurate stitching. Moreover, the handy reverse butting and foot control make it just a fantastic sewing machine. All of these features make it perfectly convenient to use.
The machine has a very robust internal structure made from aluminum and which lets this machine last for a long time. Moreover, the machine has a handle that lets you take it quickly along with you.
- Several stitches: With this machine, you can get 23 different stitches, including the one-step buttonhole. The machine offers you the maximum stitch adjustments and a maximum stitch width of about5 mm.
- Included Accessories: The machine provides you multiple valuable accessories, including the Zigzag foot, overlooked foot, blind hem foot, and an automatic buttonhole. And an instruction book, make it more convenient to use.
- Warranty: The machine gives you a warranty of 25-years against all the defects and crafts. You can also get the five years warranty on the electrical compartments.
- Perfect Choice For Beginners: The machine is ideal for beginners as it is easy and safer to use. The machine is easy to operate and offers various incredible features that let users complete their projects just like professionals.
Most beginners’ biggest and most important questions are the essential features that one must consider while buying the best machine for quilting.
Depending on the type of designs you want to create and your stitching style, your needs vary. The following are the features that you keep in mind while buying the best sewing machine for quilting:
1. Throat Space
Ensure that the machine has enough space for stitching, as space is significant for the quilting. The machines with small spaces give you a tough time while you are quilting. Well, make sure that the sewing machine has enough tables. With ample throat space, you can get enough space to complete the large quilting projects.
2. Stitch Quality
The stitch quality is pretty important to consider. You can get an idea about the quality of the stitches from the stitching speed of the sewing machines. A high-speed machine would be an ideal choice for the hand-sewing and or for other conventional counterparts. Always go for a machine that offers you 700 to 100 stitches per minute (SPM) or more.
3. Thread Cutter
Many machines available in the market offer you an automatic thread cutter. Well. It is an excellent feature as it can make the entire process pretty easy for you. It is a fact that the built-in thread cutters can add versatility to your sewing machines. So, always look for a machine that can offer you an automated thread cutter.
Multiple machines are available in the market, which offers you an extended table. With these tables, you can efficiently work on the quilts. The extra space gives you the freedom to work just the way you want.
5. Needle Position
Make sure that the sewing machine lets you set its needle up and down position. Well, these types of machines are considered to be the best choice for the quilters. The stitching features let the quilters get more freedom to work while they are preparing the quilts.
6. Stitch Numbers And Stitch Patterns
It is essential to verify that the built-in stitches would be practical or better for your needs. A long list of stitching options is available in the market, and you can use them for multiple types of projects you are working on. Always make sure that the machine gives you multiple stitching options.
The stitch patterns are equally important. You must consider the stitch patterns that the machine would provide you and the number of options for presenting the stitches. On average, a cost-effective machine would offer you about 100 or maybe more stitches.
The number and type of stitches that a machine offers you is an important factor you need to consider while buying the sewing machine. For instance, many machines give you multiple stitches to create beautiful designs with them. But, before making a purchase, you must always make sure that the machine will give you different quilting stitches, including the tie-off or a stay stitch.
In addition to the quilting stitches, make sure that the sewing machines also offer you some decorative stitches. With the help of these stitches, the users can add more beauty to their designs and a new life to their projects.
The machines come along with different accessories which can make your projects more accessible and practical. The most common accessories you can get with a sewing machine include foot paddles, pressing foot attachments, and a set of needles. In addition, you can also get sewing machines covers.
8. Additional Features
A sewing machine can offer you various features, so always look for more and more. The buyers must make sure that the machine does not come with an arm. In this way, the machine can provide more workspace.
In addition, the bobbin placement is a worth considering feature. It lets you get an idea about the stitching quality. Moreover, never forget to consider the needle position. It can enable you to move the needle according to the users’ needs.
9. Stitch Length And Width
The stitch length and width let you get an idea of whether your machine would handle a specific type of fabric or not. The length and width of the stitches let you make an idea would that particular machine is going to handle your fabric or not. Most of the machines offer you a stitch length of 0 to 5 mm or maybe more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Sewing Machines Have The Most Room For Quilting
Brother Sewing and Embroidery Machine is the best sewing machine that offers you the maximum room for quilting. Thus, you can use this machine to create some of the most beautiful quilts. With this machine, just assemble the different patches of the fabric and create the most fantastic patchwork.
2. Which Sewing Machines Are Good For Free Motion Quilting
SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 and Janome HD3000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine are the best machines for motion-free quilting. Both of these machines offer you great space between needle and arm or throat. Space is more than enough so that you can use it for free-motion quilting.
3. What Is Needle System For Quilting Machines
A needle system is a collection of various needles belonging to a particular sewing machine. The quilting needles are a bit rounded at the end. All of them are specifically designed for quilting—the most commonly used needles for quilting 90/14.
4. Why Do Needles Break & Bend
Well, this happens when you run a needle on the sharp items. The needles also break when you apply more pressure on them than their tolerance. There are multiple other reasons which could bend or break the needle, including the displacement of the bobbin, incorrect presser foot, and low-quality threads.
Sewing is a great way to showcase your talent and creative abilities to the world. With the help of these magic machines, you can create masterpieces and impress your friends and family members. Moreover, the machines are a great help for daily stitching.
Well, multiple options are available in the market. And every one of them is equally helpful and easy to operate. These machines can quickly full the needs of everyone and are inexpensive. But, for most beginners, it becomes a bit difficult to decide which machine would be a better choice for them.
Therefore, we have reviewed the top sewing machines, which are inexpensive, made from premium materials. These machines can fulfill your needs and could be a great help to flourish your creative side!